This world is moving faster than you can imagine. There was a time when we had no internet, No telecommunication system. That time people across the globe used to use the letter to communicate with peoples. It was too much time-consuming. But now we’re in the era of communication blessed by the Internet. We can’t afford a little time wastage. If you own any online business or website, It has to be fast to make sure it’s existence. This is where Optimization works. Every website needs to be optimized, for faster loading and some other benefits as well. In this Article I’m going to tell you the “Best ways to optimize WordPress website for fast loading!”
A question may arise, Why I’m going to write about WordPress Optimization leaving all other open source Web Solutions or CMS. Nowadays, people with very few web knowledge can tell you that WordPress is the most popular CMS amongst all out there. I’m not exaggerating, with 19,000,000 installation WordPress is leading the Internet. It’s a massive discussion, and you can read my writings about “WordPress Website Management Services and Why You Should Use It?” to learn more about it.
Benefits of WordPress Optimization:
Optimize WordPress won’t give you faster loading only, You’ll have some other benefits as well. Here I give you a short overview of the benefits of WordPress Optimization.
- Web Fundamentals: In this article, I stated earlier that visitors are the primary target for almost every website and that’s true. Sharing data was the primary purpose of the Invention of the website, and it still is. If you want your visitors to visit your site, It has to be a fast loading site. No one will wait for a little while to load it. According to Google, Fast Loading is the first core foundation amongst all four. By doing WordPress you can ensure this core foundation of your website.
- SEO: There’re 1,955,451,761 (approx) websites live, and many of them are dealing with common data. That’s why SEO has become a vital part of the web. Your site may contain useful content, but if it isn’t come up on your visitor’s screen, They won’t visit. That’s why you need to do SEO to ensure your web presence, and Fast loading is one of the core element for SEO friendly website. WordPress Website optimization will help you to load your site fast and make it SEO friendly. Even this will also help you to reduce bounce rate as well.
How to test your site loading time?
There are several ways to measure website loading time. Many online tools and Browser extensions are available to test website loading speed. Here I’m giving you a brief of the most reliable ways to check your website Loading speed.
- PageSpeed Insights: Pagespeed Insight is a free tool offered by GOOGLE to check out Website Loading time. It provides both lab and field data about the page. To inspect your site, all you need to log in to PageSpeed Insight, Enter your website URL and then hit the ANALYZE button. It will examine your site and publish the result immediately.
- Pingdom:Pingdom is an online tool that offers you uptime monitoring, Page Speed Monitoring, Important Alert Service and so on. Pingdom is one of the most used tools for testing sites peed offers you 14 days of trial. Using Pingdom is comfortable and very close to page speed Insight. It will give you a very detailed analysis result so that you can short out issues and recover fast.
- GTMetrix: Another popular free tool to inspect website is GTMetrix. It give you a detailed Insight of your sight and most important thing is it gives you recommendations to follow which is very accurate. features it offers are PageSpeed and yslow, Recommendations, Page load details, Various analysis options and so on. As sama as PageSPeed Insight, Just enter your site URl and hit Analyze to avail your site inspection report.
Why your site loading Slow?
Now you know how to check your website loading speed. Do run a check using the system mentioned above. If results come negative, You should optimize your WordPress website now. But before I dive into WordPress Optimization, It will be great to know the reason that makes your site loading slow.
So many causes can make your site loading slow, but Poorly built sites are destined to load slow. Also Choosing a wrong Hosting Provider is another common cause. If your hosting provider is not right, It’s necessary to change your provider right now. Too much traffic at the same time can cause slow loading. If you your server or hosting is not prepared to handle this, you’re going to suffer. Even if multiple users logged in into your site back-end at the same time will cause of resource consumption, which will drive your site into slow loading. Along with all causes mentioned above, Bulky and poor code can also be the reason behind the slow site.
Best ways to optimize WordPress website
We know how to inspect WordPress Website and reasons for its slow loading. Now it’s time to dive directly into WordPress Optimization. Optimize WordPress is a set of process to make your WordPress website perform its best. Let’s have a look at the steps here and follow accordingly to get the best results.
- Choose the Best Host and Hosting Plan: Finding out the best Host and the plan that suits you the best is the primary steps you should initiate. If your website is your virtual building then Hosting is the virtual land for it. So many things depend on the host and the plan that you’ve chosen. It is the host server that determines, how quickly the user can get access to your site. You’ll have a limit according to your hosting plan that can’t cross. In other words, Your site can’t load faster than your hosting plan allows. It clarifies that proper optimization can’t give you a fast loading site if your hosting denies. So it is necessary to pick a hosting plan that suits all your requirement correctly.
- keeping things Up To Date: Most of the people amongst all WordPress user aren’t a tech geek. They’re not aware of all WordPress Updates. It’s quite logical because most of the WordPress Upgrades haven’t a visible impact. But it’s important to keep things up date to get the best result out of it. Even the notification isn’t core, Updating WordPress Theme and WordPress Plugins is necessary. It won’t only help you to load your site faster but also give you a secure website. Also, you should use the latest PHP VERSION to have a remarkable loading speed.
- Caching: One of the smartest ways to keep your site loading speed up to the mark is caching. Caching is like a short term memory that will memorize your site data once it is loading for the first time and will deliver it at its very next load. It ensures that your site files don’t have to be requested each time directly from the server and it cuts down many requests which are necessary to run the site. If you think Caching is a critical technical issue and need an expert’s help to manage it, then you’re wrong. Just install a free Caching plugin to your WordPress Website, and finished. It’s pretty simple, and anyone with minimum tech knowledge can do this to have a better site loading speed.
- Optimize Images: Images are the most significant drain of your site resources. Though it beautifies your site, Attracts visitors but it needs both server space and bandwidth, Especially when you have High-resolution portfolio images or Product images. If you have something like that, Then Image Optimization is an unavoidable step that you need to take. To optimize the pictures, I recommend TinyPNG which I do use every time. It’s free and effortless to use.
- Minifying Websites file: Minifying Website files sound a little bit critical, but it’s not actually. One with little knowledge of coding can do it using MINIFY, which is my personal choice. What minifies does actually? Simply it removes unnecessary code and keeps it short as much as possible. Though shortened code looks critical for human, it won’t hamper the readability of browsers.
- Use CDN:CDN is the abbreviation of the Content Delivery Network. I guess now it is a bit clear to you that what CDN does. It’s a network of proxy servers that are spread across the globe, and each server contains a copy of your site. It won’t only give you the max loading speed but also keeps security high. Nowadays there are many CDN available and my recommendation is Cloudflare. Which one is the best CDN is another massive discussion but I can assure you that Cloud flare offering the best at it’s price.
A Slow loading website can reduce the number of your potential visitors who used to visit your site very often. Though the processes mentioned above aren’t all, but undoubtedly the best and sufficient. People with poor web knowledge can also Optimize the WordPress Website following these steps. If someone does not have that potential time to invest in it are welcome to check out our offerings here. Please feel free to leave your feedback here, will help us to get your views and keeping us up to your expectation.